Thinking I could never top last years "Batman & Robin", I decided to go the homemade route for Halloween '09!
Introducing Mummy Jake and Cowboy Reid!
What started out as a simple idea, quickly turned into major involvement. My new axiom--never do Internet research on a project the day of! Once I started reading up on how to do a mummy costume I immediately got to hustlin'--I was not going to be out done by some YouTube mummy costume expert!! I had to find an old sheet, soak it in tea for hours to get that perfect aged mummy color, dry the sheet, shred sheet into a thousand pieces, and then proceed to rap Jake in the shreds of sheet. WOW!!
Reid (as usual--him being the second child and all) was less involved! Here is my little Tex in the cowboy costume given by Aunt Meredith!! Is he not the most precious thing you ever saw?! My only beef with Reid was that he would not wear the mustache I purchased to top off the outfit!! He would have been extra fabulous!
Jake giving me his best impression of a mummy! You really should have heard him..he was good!
My sweet pea!
Here's "Tex" keepin' law and order at the front door as Bon Bon passed out candy.
This guy here had music blasting and every Halloween yard decor from Wal-Mart displayed on his front lawn!
At this stop, the lady made her husband and son get up from their football game to come see my fellas!
This picture is just crazy.
My boys carrying all their loot.
We got stopped by just about everyone who saw the boys. And those who didn't stop us, made comments. Their costumes, especially Jake's, were a success. The boys and I had a great time Trick or Treating!!(And Xan and I had a great time mining through their candy every night once they were in bed! Xan got the Tootsie Rolls and I got the Twix and Reece's Cups!! Thank heaven's for short attention spans--they haven't asked for their candy yet!!!)




No comments:
Post a Comment