Xan, Scarlett, Jake & Reid

Sunday, November 15, 2009

'09 State Fair

I LOVE when the State Fair comes!! It always comes during my birthday and it's just the kick-off of fall for me. Now one trip will do me, but while I am there I like to do it all! This year we loaded up the boys and headed out to the State Fair and met the Adkins Family for some fair fun!

Here are my men heading toward the Mid-Way!!

Now don't misunderstand, just because I like the fair doesn't mean that Xan is fully on board. He probably thinks it would just be easier to set a $100 bill on fire and call it a day!

Jake, Ryan, Reid, and sweet Anna all ready to ride!!

I plan to use this picture at their rehearsal dinner! Little Xan and Little Natalie on the "Bee Ride".

Reidy-Happy as can Bee!!

Or so we thought! Here is Reid wanting to get off!!

Let's try again. Seems like it's going good...

or not!

Yeah-I think we are done buying tickets for Reid!

What would a trip to the fair be without running into good friends. Here are the Morgans!


Now Jake and Ryan were another story. They couldn't get enough of all the rides.


This ride slung them around in circles. It was a BIG hit!

The man working this ride was sweet enough (or bored enough) to let us all ride for free. Mrs. Natalie and Anna.


Reid may have hated most of the rides at the fair this year, but there was one ride he LOVED. The gigantic slide that stays on the fairgrounds year round was Reid's very favorite. He still talks about it any time he sees it on the way to church. I took him up the thing and when we reached the top the worker informed us that it was exactly 105 steps up to the top. And I felt everyone of them as I toted Reid's little bottom all the way up. It was worth it though, and next year Reid and I will ride it again!

Our precious little ones havin' a big time!
Now what you don't see is all the goodies we ate. Let's face it, it's not the rides that make me love the fair so much. We had our share of Funnel Cakes, Chicken-on-a-stick, Shrimp and Cinnamon Rolls! This is the first year I didn't get my frozen chocolate covered banana with sprinkles! I'll have that to look forward to next year!!

No comments: