In an attempt to make lasting childhood memories, I decided to take my friend Laura's lead and build a Gingerbread House with my two boys. Yes, this was going to be a life long tradition that my boys would grow up telling their children about. I ran all over town purchasing candies, and cookies, and all the ingredients for icing (a recipe that I researched for day's online to find-mind you!). I got it all set up on the breakfast table and called the boys-our lifelong tradition was about to begin!

Here is the finished product!
And here are my boys minutes into our G.H. project. Our mother-sons tradition lasted a total of five minutes. I think Jake iced one Graham cracker "roof" top before asking if he could watch TV. Reid's only contribution was eating the M&M's I purchased to make the "multi-color cobble stone sidewalk".
I must say, I did a pretty good job considering this was my first Gingerbread House. Look, I even added blue sprinkles in the "snow" to add an icy effect! It really was a lot of fun. Perhaps I oughta make it a tradition with myself.
Maybe next year...right Reid?



No comments:
Post a Comment