Xan, Scarlett, Jake & Reid

Friday, July 3, 2009

Farewell to The Carters!

Even though I have known they were leaving for well over a year now, it was still devastating when my sweet friends The Carters packed up and moved to Starkville at the end of May. Will finally finished his residency at UMC and is now one of the Anesthesiologists with Oktibbeha County Hospital in Starkville, MS (God's country and home of Mississippi State University-Go DAWGS!)
Some of Missy's friends and I put together a Going-Away surprise party at Sal & Mookies (Missy's favorite place to eat in Jackson) for the Carters and their Jackson friends.

A Cake Diva cake that was out of this world in both appearance and taste. Leigh would not give us the straight story on what she paid for the cake, but whatever the amount it was worth it!! Thanks Leigh!!

Guests awaiting the Carters arrival

Miss Abigail




Todd and Leigh Reeves welcomed their 2nd son Gaines weeks before the party.

Here he is with his momma. He was a cutie and barely made a peep the whole time (my kind of baby!).

Typical Jake face

The Carters arrive. I think they were surprised!




What will Jake do without his Bo & Buddy?!

If you look closely, you can see that Mr. John Quitman has lost his first tooth!




Oh the pizza was soooo good!!


Dr. Carter with a cake fit for a new anesthesiologist.


The Hostesses with the mostesses
Laura, me, and Chyna (just missing Leigh-she had to take baby Gaines home)

All the gals. It won't be the same without our Missy!!

And I'm sorry, just one last shot of the cake. Wish I was eating a piece right now!!!


I wish Will, Missy, Bo and Buddy all the very best in Starkville. And I hope they always remember they have a home here in Jackson should they ever want to come back!!!
We love y'all!!

No comments: