Xan, Scarlett, Jake & Reid

Monday, September 6, 2010

Barnyard Praise

Every year FPDS Kindergartner's put on the program "Barnyard Praise". The play is set on a farm where the Fruits of the Spirit are planted and harvested. I cannot even begin to explain just how precious this play was and how I will bring a box of kleenex with me when it is Reid's turn to perform the play!

There's my Jake, front and center, and the only one in blue!!! (They gave us options-how was I to know that no one would opt to wear blue! I will have my act together when it's Reid's turn!)

When his teacher asked him if he wanted to be a singer or a dancer in the program Jake replied that since he was "Ice Dancer" for the Thanksgiving party it was only right that he should be a dancer in the play! Here he is on stage "dancing" to Wonderfully Made.



Terrible picture, but that is John Quitman giving it his all! I will tell you that I spent the majority of this program trying my best to hold back tears. It was absolutely precious and every song was filled with such Biblical truth. When they sang the song about how life is like a donut and there is a hole in your heart until Christ fills it with His sweet goodness I thought I was going to loose it!!


Poor Grandpa, we kept his dance card filled (if you know what I mean) with all the school functions we had him attending!


Here is our star performer, always eager to start drawing.


Jake and Worth


Jake and the fabulous Mrs. Pringle. We miss her so!!


And as a treat for such a riveting performance, we took Jake and Reid to get donuts from Campbell's. Our treat reminded me that our heart is like a donut if we do not have Christ to fill it!


Hollywood was probably ringing our phone off the hook with offers while we ate our donuts!


"Barnyard Praise" was a fabulous-wonderful-second to none-play that makes paying the tuition worth every penny! Can't wait to see Reid in a straw hat reciting the Fruits of the Spirit.


No comments: