Xan, Scarlett, Jake & Reid

Monday, June 14, 2010

Roller Rink Birthday Party!

A classmate of Jake's had his birthday party at Fun Time Skate Land in Clinton. I was quite the skeptic on mixing roller skates and six year-olds, but to my surprise they did great. Even little Reidy strapped on a pair and cruised the rink!!

The trick was to tighten the skate. Once they did that, Jake was all for it. (Before that, not so much!)

Here is Reidy's skate! Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen?!

Sassy and in charge! Reid never doubted his ability in skates.


In the beginning, they made the loop of the rink holding onto this rail. It was everything I could do to keep myself from lacing up a pair of my own skates and showing these boys how it's done! (I was quite the roller skater back in the day!!)

Loved Mac's cake! Tasted good too.

Thomas, Jake and Blake

Yes Reid, you get a piece of cake too.
(Reid never met a birthday party he didn't like-invited or not!)

I cannot say enough how much Ms. Pac Man and Skating Rinks take me back to a better time. Oh, how I LOVED and miss the '80's!!!

Roll-on Jake!!
Highly recommend Fun Time for your next shin-dig. Lots of fun!

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

ah! your boys are SO.CUTE!!!!!!!

The Vineyards said...

Sweet L.T.!! Thank you for the kind words. I am so used to no one commenting that I am just now seeing I had a comment! Thank you for checking in with us and hopefully I will get back to posting on a regular basis. Hope your summer is going well!