Xan, Scarlett, Jake & Reid

Monday, August 10, 2009

Neshoba County Fair

We had the pleasure of going to the Neshoba County Fair this year to see our friends The Carters and spend the day at their cabin.

All the boys together eating Cracker Jacks on the porch swing.


If you have never been to the Neshoba County Fair, it's a little hard to explain, in fact I am not sure that I even understand it. But there are fairgrounds were all typical fair stuff happens, along with horse races. There is a Midway with rides and food. But all along the fairgrounds are two and three story cabins that resemble shot-gun houses. They are all stacked in together in rows. I couldn't even imagine how many there are. And apparently the closer to the action you are, the higher the price of your cabin. Those with a cabin come for the entire week loaded with food, family and friends.

Here is the Murray/ Carter cabin called "Bo's Place and Buddy too!" I told Mrs. Murray she is gonna be in trouble when baby Carter comes and wonders where her name is on the cabin. (side note to friends--Missy is not with child--we are just convinced that she is going to have a little girl as pretty as she is one day very soon!!)



On our way to the Midway to ride the rides and see the sights!

It's a hard life being toted all around-never having to walk!

The jockey's getting ready to ride.

Jake going for a ride on his first "roller coaster".

Reidy was riding too. In fact, Reidy was trying to climb in before the first ticket was ever taken. The child, so far, has no fear.

The Carousel

Perhaps Reid has a future in truck driving.

I have to make a point of mentioning Missy's mother Mrs. Murray who basically took over dealing with Reid. Thank you Mrs. Murray--I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate your help with my sometimes rotten little child!

Bo and Jake

On to the McCormick cabin!

Once we got to the McCormick's, all the boys sat on the stairs for Popsicles.
(I love this picture!!)

Amy Hederman and her sweet mother Mrs. Corrine McCormick.

On the way back, we stopped and watched some horse racin'!
What a great experience!! Thank you Missy for letting us come up for the day! We hope the invitation is extended to next year too!!

No comments: