This year we had Jake's birthday party at Trustmark Park, home of the Mississippi Braves. This was the first year we did an all boys party. I will start by saying that the atmosphere was fantastic. I believe the boys had a great time. But if you're looking for a party that might provide you some assistance in executing your party, you might want to look elsewhere. When I say we were thrown to the wolves....please know I mean it!
The birthday boy Jake, who turned 5 on the 13th!
All party guests received Tomahawks at the door.
Other than the occasional sister, we had an all-boys party this year. Here are the fellas watching the game from the picnic pavilion. It was a lot of fun to watch the dynamics of 15 five year old boys together. Jake and his friends personalities are really shaping up. They were all "all-boy" at the party!
The Braves party coordinator tried to pass off some nasty cake that one of their sponsors made. No thank you! This cake was made by a friend from church, Kelly Headley, and it was fantastic!
We sang Happy Birthday and pretended to blow out candles since we had none.No candles and no balloons--thanks Braves lady!
Hot dogs and coke. The lady "helping" us with the party basically threw our food and drink at us and wished us well. Xan said the only other way she could have been less involved was to have launched the hot dogs at us with the T-shirt launcher they use on the field between innings!
I started to video tape the boys eating their hot dogs and I couldn't find Jake at the table. I panned over only to find him dancing with himself.
All the boys thought it would be a good idea to attack Pop Pop with their Tomahawks. It was hilarious especially if you knew my father-in-law! He truly prefers the background at any function.
Little Miss Ellen found some water to splash around in--Reid soon joined her.
Jake & Jackson, the Braves Mascot.
Reid would tell Jackson "Hi" and then take a BIG step backward. He wasn't sure about the big blue thing.
Now this was the high light for me and a big reason I wanted to celebrate Jake's birthday with the Braves. At the top of the 5th inning they had Jake stand on the dugout so the crowd could sing Happy Birthday to him. They asked Jake his name and how old he was and Jake did great!! I was, of course, beaming with pride.
I see a future in TV!
Jake with some of his party guests.

Reidy has really turned into quite the ladies man these days. This little cutie is Caleb's baby sister close to Reid's age and will be at Covenant next year with Reid.
Jake & The Carter Brothers. Bo and Buddy will be moving to Starkville in June and it is breaking our hearts!!!
Reidy sure was a good boy throughout the party considering how hot it was and how long it lasted!
Xan & Bon Bon. Though you can't tell it, Xan had had enough partyin' for one day. Keeping watch over 15 boys wore him out!We really did have a great time. We have lots of video and pictures that will be great to see through the years. It was just, to put it lightly...very lightly, a bit hectic!! Great atmosphere for a boy's birthday party and a great idea if you have guests over the age of 12!
Until next year my friends, where you can be sure I will have adequate help putting on the party. Where was Mr. Jerry when you needed him?!










No comments:
Post a Comment