Due to my in-laws Sunday School Christmas party, Xan and mine's weekly "Date Night" had to be cancelled. Upon learning this (once I stopped sobbing), I decided to ask Erik and Jenny if they would like to have a "Date Night" instead. Well I swear, I believe if Jenny could have handed me Blake over the phone she would have. This would be our first time to babysit little Blake. None of us knew how it was going to go.
Here are the all the boys in the kitchen watching me make Xan chili. At this point, Blake had not made a peep!
It wasn't long into his visit that Blake fell asleep (I musta' been living right!!). I sent Reid and Jake AWAY from the kitchen and put the blanket over Blake.
But of course, all good things must come to an end. He had about a 30 minute spell of crankiness and crying and then he settled down. Other than that, he really could not have been better. Here is Jake feeding Reid. Jake would hold the bottle for a few seconds and then ask me "is that enough now?"
I pretty much kept Blake in his car seat the entire time. He just seemed to be happiest there. This did not sit well with Jake as he kept asking me "I thought Blake came over to play with us!"There will be plenty of time for that in the future Jake, for now lets do what we can to keep him happy and quite!
We are looking forward to keeping sweet cheeks again soon......and so are Erik and Jenny!



No comments:
Post a Comment