Xan, Scarlett, Jake & Reid

Monday, April 14, 2008

Pump It Up!

We celebrated Jake's 4th birthday with a party at Pump It Up. We invited all his church and preschool friends. We had such a good time. This is the first year Jake really got into having a birthday party and I think he will remember this birthday party for a long time.






The children had to watch a safety video before they went in.

My friends Missy and Rachel catching up.

We had a packed house.

Some pictures from inside the first room.



Poor Reidy had a pretty bad cold during the party (surprise-surprise, I am considering putting him in a bubble until he turns 20 he gets sick so much!!). I remember hearing him cry several times during the party. Thankfully, I had my family to help me with him.

This is Buddy, and let me just say this picture does not do this child justice on just how cute he is. 2 years old never looked better on a child before. He is a dynamic little man and I wish I would have gotten more pictures of him at the party.



Jake having a good time!



The infamous Knox from Jake's preschool class. Everyday when Jake comes home from school I ask him what he did that day and he always answers "I played with Knox." Knox is the 4th child and baby brother to much older siblings. Lets just say Knox has a lot of "street smarts."


At Pump It Up, you don't just get one jumping room, you get TWO jumping rooms! These are some pictures from the second room. It had two huge slides you could race down!

It was finally time to eat pizza, blow out candles, and open presents. Jake waited on his blow-up "throne" for his guests to arrive in the party room.


Who needs Santa Clause when you can just have a birthday party.


If I look a little perplexed in this picture-I am! You are only allowed 25 children for the party and when we started setting out the food the hostess told me we had 35 children signed up. I must say this stressed me out a little. This is me counting children. Somehow, in the end, everything worked out fine.

Nothing like pizza and Capri Sun!

Obviously we had a Spiderman theme going on. I got this cake from Dream Cakes and it tasted and looked pretty good.

I thought Jake's name on the side was a nice touch!

Jake blowing out his candles. Happy Birthday Jake!

Now the moment Jake has been waiting for...opening his presents!

We had such a great time at Pump It Up and I highly recommend having a party there. I am sure we will be back when Reidy turns 4!




After a 3 hour nap Jake was ready to play with some of his new toys!


Reidy was just happy to be home.

Xan picked out Jake's gift from us this year. I have never seen him so excited to give a gift. He got Jake a real Easton bat and a real Rawlings glove and he encouraged Jake's Aunt Colleen and Uncle David to give a real T-Ball plate. Xan even took Jake to a Little League game Saturday morning to get him geared up for the present! I am so thankful we had boys!




Jake's first lesson and Xan's coaching debut.

Jake ended his day playing Dinosaurs with Uncle David. It was a great 4th birthday

2 comments:

The Carter Boys said...

all of your comments are too sweet!we had a blast at jake's party. he is the funniest little boy i know. we are so glad we are friends with y'all, too!!

The McCleese Crew said...

Love your blog! Just had to let you know I was reading and checked out the pictures! Will had a BALL. Owen was pretty fond of the big slide too. We love the Vineyards!! :-)